3D animation is a graphic technique to make objects or characteristics to have motions and this is not limited to the games, videos or films, but also the companies can create materials for their brand and marketing. In this way, the objects are designed in a 3-dimentional format instead of drawing. Fortunately, world of the 3D animation revolutionized with the progress of technology and new 3D animation software are available.
What is 3D animation?
The history of using 3D animation back to the 1990s, when first televisions made with computer-animated images and the images were closed to the real- life objects. The process of creating objects in a 3-dimentional environment and place them into a digital environment, is called 3D animation.
This animation gives scene of realistically to you and animators can create perfect cartoon character to increase this scene. The process of giving lie and movement to the characters and objects is done in 3 steps:
- This is one of the great attractions stage that the objects and characters are created by the animator, which can be done completely by the animator or by using the tools. In this stage, the characters have no color and texture, but need a controllable skeleton for movements, like humans.
- Layout and animation. After that, the characters and objects moved into the stage and positioned in a particular scene. Effects, lighting, colors and any details are added to the characters and these poses are known as keyframes.
- At the end, the final images are created by using specific software and the project is finalized. Animator should have great attention to all details and added the music and sound effects to whole animation.
Where is 3D animation used?
The popularity of the 3D animation is growing and today, it has become widely used in various fields such as medicine or real estate for their branding. Some uses of this animation are:
- Gaming, to provide the experience of being inside the game for gamers.
- Education and training, to use visuals for better learning.
- Marketing, to present the products and services to the customers.
- Art, to bring the pictures and movies into the real life.
What does an animator do?
One of the most important things that an animator should do is selecting the best 2D and 3D animation software. The software should be upgraded and work truly. After that, specifying the animation needs is another important step. He/ she should know what features is needed, is there need special effects, motions or tools?
If an animator wants to present the best 3D animation should have update computer software and programs, learn working with related tools to grow with technology.
The animator should study and observe all physics aspects of the life in order to create more real characters. He/ she should focus on the basics first and then makes the details.
Differences between 2D and 3D animation
2D and 3D animation has its own technical aspects and techniques. In 2D animation, the characters are created in a 2-dimentional environment and the scene is flat but creating the characters in a 3-dimentional environment will be more realistic.
A type of digital marketing is three-dimensional marketing, which is more attractive than traditional two-dimensional advertising (Three kit). In some industries, it is difficult for the viewer or customer to interact with the product; such as offshore industries. In the field of 3D marketing, because customers have the possibility to interact with the product by dragging and directing the object and view it from all angles.
3D interactive advertising
One of the factors that are becoming the biggest influencing factor and even the main problem in the marketing game is 3D interactive advertising, specially animation for offshore and same industries. 3D interactive is a new technology in digital marketing that leads to higher sales and conversions than other forms of advertising (such as banners, copy, videos, and images).
3D marketing has been used and successful in many different industries such as watchmaking industry, jewelry industry, cosmetic industry, offshore industry, marine industry and oil and gas industry.
3D marketing strategies
Let’s take a look at how some brands are using 3D omnichannel marketing strategies.
3D advertising is expected to be a strong point for future marketing strategies. In this article, there are important statistics that confirm this.
The use of interactive 3D marketing has led to a 40% increase in conversion, and offshore industries are no exception.
- In a study on 3D marketing, 82% of participants used a 3D product view.
- Additionally, the study says, ” preference of 95% of respondents an interactive 3D experience to stream video to video playbacks.
- According to Amazon statistics, user engagement using 3D technology has increased by 66% compared to 2D marketing solutions.
The next step in 3D marketing is likely to be present everywhere visual advertising like industrial animation, offshore animation, marine animation and, etc. A study conducted by YuMe recently found that virtual reality advertising is relatively effective, it comes with the aid of one-day recollection (probably recollection of a brand the same day after viewing its 3D ad) for 70% of users.
A universal study from Freeman found that more than a third of CMOs bank on spending 21% to 50% of their 2018 budget on experiential advertising.
These statistics show that the benefits of 3D marketing are not rumors but reality. Now, look at some benefits of 3D marketing campaigns for various businesses the offshore industry is not excepted.
The benefits of 3D marketing campaigns
As mentioned, in some industries such as offshore industries, it is more difficult for the customer or investor for technical industries (offshore, marine, oil and gas, renewable,..) to have a better understanding of the product; 3D marketing campaigns raise the customer experience to a certain extent and create a better feeling. It helps marketers to create ads that don’t look like it. For customers, these 3D marketing ads, the most important of which is industrial animation, are valuable brand experiences that encourage them to buy or invest.